When you played OSU the first time, you must have used a mouse. Well, that is what every beginner uses. We keep playing using the mouse and thinking it is the only way to do it. Later you are hit by the realization that you can use a tablet. We know what kind of a surprise because we have been there too. The question right on top of your mind should be: is tablet better than the mouse in OSU?
It depends on who you are asking. But for us, we think the tablet is much better. It is savvy, easy to control, and a better alternative than the rather old-fashioned mouse. To help decide what is better between the two, this post will explore both the tablet and mouse. We hope by the time you read it to the end, you will clear up your mind on what works for you.
After its invention, the mouse was a big help in the computing world. It solved a lot of problems and is still doing that. However, the wheel of technology never settles. Tablets have dethroned the mouse and are now dominating the gaming space. But you cannot wish away the mouse because it is still a big part of OSU.
- In some instances, the mouse sensitivity is superior to the tablets. Sensitivity is a crucial part of the experience of gaming. Higher sensitivity means you can play fast and make your moves comfortably.
- It is very easy to snap a mouse
- You stand a better chance to score high with a mouse than a tablet.
- You do not need any help learning to use a mouse. You get it now and you are ready to start your game.
- No slipping. A mouse will not be slipping every time you try to make a move. It will be steady as long as your hand is firm. You are better poised with a mouse than a tablet to do your work comfortably.
- The mouse is a little bit heavy. It will slow you down and that is something you do not want
- You will struggle if you try to jump across the screen.
Tablets have changed the gaming sphere. With them, you can play wherever you want. They give you the flexibility to hone your skills faster than you would with a mouse. It is tablets that are pushing out mouse from OSU and there are good reasons for that.
Playing OSU with a tablet has many advantages. Here are some of them that you should know;
- Automated sensitivity: you do not have to bother with adjusting the sensitivity. The tablet automatically sets it at 1. You should not be worried about changing anything accidentally and having to go through the headache of re-adjusting.
- More flexibility: tablet makes it easy to make your movements. You can bend your wrist more and make jumps effortlessly. No straining in anything as the tablet is ergonomic and aimed at giving the best playing time.
- Feels like a pen and paper: you will quickly get accustomed to using a tablet. It feels more like writing on the typical pen and paper. You do not need any prior experience to start playing.
- Adjustable working space: tablets give you a way to adjust your working area to your preferences. That customization is something you will not get when you are using a mouse. There are those who prefer a large working space, while others want a slightly smaller space. OSU tablet gives you the option to work with what feels comfortable.
- You are more likely to strain your arm when working on a tablet. You will put a lot of pressure and strictly position your hand at certain angles. You are likely to get strains. You hardly have to strain when using a mouse.
- It will take you quite some time to learn to play with your right hand. It is like learning to write all over again using your right hand if you are initially left-handed.
- There is a slipping problem. Tablet will have a slippery surface as opposed to a mouse. This will affect your work and comfort.
Which way to go: tablet or mouse?
We throwback the question to you: what works best for you? For some people, the mouse gives them better control. For others, a tablet is trendier and that is what they would go for. Think about what you want to achieve. Your comfort and convenience will be the top considerations you have to make.
Is it going to be a mouse or a tablet? We have done the heavy lifting for you. It is your turn to make a choice. We believe that you will know your way around a tablet or mouse.